The past couple months have been pretty crazy to say the least. In late January, I finished a shoot for a company then, right after that, school started and the assignments and exams started to roll in. I always find it so funny for some reason, working hard during the term studying physics and circuits, doing calculus, drawing vectors and building galvanic cells. Then, during the holidays, cooking, photographing and editing basically fill my days. It’s very different. I wish I could post more, rather than doing a few blog posts every few months, but circumstances do not allow that. Wherever you are and wherever you go, there are always things to learn; whether it’s about life, physics, maths, English, chemistry, blogging, photography, cooking or even yourself and the people around you. You just gotta keep learning. I guess it’s taken me a while to truly appreciate the life I have and its opportunities. So that’s why I want to say thank you to all of you. If you’re reading this, you may be a friend from school, someone I know who is kind enough to check Beyond Our Sky, or someone I may never know or meet. Whoever you are thank you endlessly. Thank you for letting this be part of your journey, and being part of mine. Finding this recipe was actually really surprising. I found that in Tasmania, I always had gluten-free banana bread. Then I stumbled upon this recipe. It was amazing let me tell you. So this banana bread is literally everything you will ever need. It has the perfect amount of sweetness, balance of flavour, moistness (sorry, I had to use it) and banana of course. The nuts are optional of course. Super quick, super easy. You just have to whisk the wet and dry ingredients and combine the two. One of the hardest parts is waiting for it to bake. I like to eat it just on it’s own. You can have it with a dairy-free spread, honey and banana (like below), but honestly you do don’t really need it. This banana bread is literally that good. So thank you for reading. Let me know if you make it and tag me in the photo so I can see your creations. I hope you have a great week, day, night wherever you are reading this.
Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free Banana Bread
Inspired by Taste.
200g gluten-free plain flour (I use White Wings)
80g desiccated coconut
110g brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 medium-sized, ripe bananas
165mL olive oil or coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line the base of a loaf tin (approx. 11cm x 20cm in size)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, coconut, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or masher (does not have to be completely smooth, lumps are okay). Add the oil, eggs and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and stir until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with hazelnuts if using. Bake for 45-50 minutes until or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 30 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into slices, then serve and enjoy!