This is a very quick post on how to make a refreshing lemon iced tea. It is absolutely delicious and tastes so much better than store-bought iced tea. You can also alter the sweetness or strength of the tea to your personal taste!
Lemon Iced Tea
For the tea:
- 6 teabags (I like to use Twinings English Breakfast)
- 2 cups of hot boiling water
For the syrup:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Peel of 2 lemons
As well as –
- 1-2 cups cold water
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- Extra lemon slices
- Prepare the tea: Place teabags in boiling water and steep for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Whilst the tea is steeping prepare the syrup: Combine water, sugar and lemon peel in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves (it should be a light yellow colour). Allow to steep for 10-15 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove teabags from the steeped tea mixture, and strain the syrup to remove the lemon peel.
- Finally, add the tea, syrup, cold water, lemon juice and lemon slices into a large jug.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with ice.
- Drink and enjoy!